Elise Wilson is a Solicitor in the Christchurch Employment team. Elise joined Lane Neave as a Summer Law Clerk in 2018 and has worked in the firm ever since. Elise is experienced in assisting on a range of legal matters, including undertaking complex legal research, reviewing workplace policies and employment agreements, advising both employer and employee clients on their legal rights and obligations and assisting the Employment team with litigation in the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court.
Elise is a highly innovative and solutions focused individual, who takes pride in providing clients with practical advice and helping them solve their legal issues.
Elise has a particular interest in helping clients to build great workplaces and has undertaken extensive research into areas such as workplace bullying and harassment, change management, workplace stress and fatigue, along with corporate diversity and inclusion (D&I). Elise uses her studies in Human Resources Management from the University of Canterbury to provide well-informed and strategic advice for clients on their employment law issues. Elise will graduate with a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Human Resource Management in December 2020.
Experience / Work Highlights
- Assisting with the preparation of evidence, research and documents for Employment Authority and Employment Court hearings.
- Attending Mediations and assisting with employment related negations.
- Assisting with advice on minimum employment frameworks, including the Minimum Wages Act, Holidays Act and compliance with legislation.
- Reviewing and drafting tailored employment agreements.
- Assisting on health and safety issues including policy and compliance advice.
- Assisting in presenting educational seminars and webinars to clients on a range of Employment Law topics and legal updates.
- Reviewing and drafting tailored workplace Privacy Policies;
- Drafting workshops and seminars on upcoming Privacy Law changes in New Zealand and the implications of this on workplaces;
- Providing advice to a client on issues related to employee surveillance, video conference recordings and searching property in the workplace.
Elise was awarded the University of Canterbury College of Business and Law Award for Excellence.
- Mental Health and the Employer: Is the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 Adequate to Address New Zealand’s Workplace Mental Health Issues? A Research Report written by Elise Wilson and supervised by Professor Annick Masselot (UC).