Giuliana is a Solicitor in the Christchurch office. Giuliana presently specialises in employment law but has come from a commercial law background. Giuliana is skilled in assisting her clients in relation to employment law issues ranging from disciplinary matters and performance issues to restructures. Giuliana has a commercial and pragmatic approach with her clients and enjoys working alongside them to achieve their goals.
Giuliana acts on a variety of employment matters and has a particular interest and expertise on areas niche areas involving education, sport, disciplinary and health and safety law.
Giuliana has a keen eye for detail, is exceptionally driven and takes pride in her work. She is quick to grasp the complex issues faced by her clients and she enjoys applying pragmatic solutions. Giuliana has a background in the education sector as well as numerous representative sporting experiences prior to becoming a lawyer. This gives her a wealth of transferable skills which she calls upon when advising clients.
Experience / Work Highlights
- Specialist advice on workplace investigations and employee disciplinary processes
- Acting and advising on significant restructures.
- Providing advice on minimum entitlements.
- Representing clients in Mediation.
- Undertaking ‘without prejudice’ discussions on behalf of clients to negotiate desired outcomes.
- Acting as co-counsel in the Employment Relations Authority in the matter of Williams v Gore District Council 29 June 2020  NZERA 261 and McBride v ANZCO Foods Limited 20 May 2020  NZERA 204.
- Reviewing and advising both employer and employee clients on their contractual obligations within their individual and/or collective employment agreements.
- Advising on health and safety issues including policy and compliance advice.
- Specialist ACC and Accredited Employer Programme advice.
- Reviewing and drafting tailored workplace Privacy Policies.
- Presenting educational seminars on general employment matters at the Christchurch Employment Chamber of Commerce.
- Providing wide ranging legal advice to a range of large commercial and corporate clients in respect of a variety of general commercial transactions, regulatory compliance and governance matters.
- Providing advice on and development of player handbooks, codes of conduct, regulatory compliance, ethics and disciplinary matters; and
- Event organisation from a legal perspective, namely health and safety, regularity and compliance, and employment.
Giuliana is the Vice President of the South Island German Shephard League and the Zone 4 Representative on the German Shepherd Advisory Council.
Presenter at the Canterbury Chamber of Commerce Employment Law full day Employment Law for Employers Workshop (2019 and 2020).
Assisting and presenting educational seminars and webinars to clients on a range of Employment Law topics and legal updates.