Joseph is an Associate in our Auckland office.
Joseph has an extensive commercial litigation and employment law background and has experience in both New Zealand and in the UK, including at ‘Magic Circle’ firms.
He has advocacy experience in both the District Court and High Court in New Zealand.
Joseph advises and represents employer and employee clients on a broad spectrum of matters, including restructuring, performance management, strikes and lockouts, health and safety issues and disciplinary processes.
His focus is on learning about his clients’ businesses and providing tailored and pragmatic advice and representation.
Clients praise his timely and solution oriented approach.
Experience / Work Highlights
- Regularly representing clients in Mediations.
- Advising employers on responding to strikes and other threatened industrial action.
- Advising on collective bargaining negotiations.
- Providing specialist advice on workplace law issues arising from COVID-19.
- Appearing as Sole Counsel in High Court litigation.
- Presenting seminars to clients on employment law issues.