Carlo specialises in all aspects of financial services, financial markets and regulatory matters. He also provides advice on all aspects of corporate law ranging from mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring, commercial contracts and investment funds.
Carlo’s clients include internationally listed and unlisted corporates, Chinese state-owned entities, financial institutions, security brokerages and international consumer brands.
Notable work includes:
- acting for the Ullrich family on the sale of Ullrich Aluminium Co Ltd to Vulcan Steel Limited for NZ$165m;
- acting for Up Fintech Holding Limited on its IPO on the NASDAQ for approximately US$104m;
- advising a PRC Fortune Global 500 company on divesting its forestry asset for NZ$45.6m;
- advising a NASDAQ listed entity on share issuance requirements;
- advising the largest credit union in New Zealand on its internal restructuring;
- advising various international security brokerages on New Zealand related compliance and regulatory matters, including obtaining FMA exemptions and preparation of AML policies;
- assisting on the incorporation of various finance companies including obtaining the relevant FSP registration, advising and advised on all aspects of AML compliance and other regulatory matters;
- advising a solar company listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange on its product entry into New Zealand; and
- advising various Hong Kong and Chinese listed entities on due diligence and M&A transactions in New Zealand.
Before joining Lane Neave, Carlo worked for national law firms in both New Zealand and Australia.