Evelyn specialises in all aspects of banking and financial services law. She has extensive experience in corporate and institutional lending transactions, property finance, leveraged and acquisition finance and project finance (including PPPs).
Evelyn has advised on domestic and international transactions and her experience includes the coordination of offshore counsel in relation to the granting of local law governed securities and guarantees, as well as acting as New Zealand counsel on international transactions. She has also advised overseas banks on establishing New Zealand subsidiaries, including in relation to their registration as a bank with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
Evelyn is a technical and solution-focused adviser. She has particular expertise in securitisation and other structured and financial products (including derivatives). She also provides advice on financial sector regulation.
Before joining Lane Neave, Evelyn has worked at other major law firms in New Zealand and in London. She has also worked in-house (on secondment and on contract) at a major bank and a leading consumer finance product company in New Zealand.
Recent work includes:
- Advising Public Trust as bond trustee and security trustee in relation to Metlifecare’s $100m retail bond issuance
- Acting for a major New Zealand bank on its funding of a peer-to-peer lending platform
- Acting for a major New Zealand bank in relation to the establishment of a securitisation programme with an originator of ‘buy now, pay later’ receivables
- Acting for four of the five credit unions in a merger that created New Zealand’s largest credit union, combining over 64,000 members and approximately $550m of assets. This included the novation of a securitisation programme to the merged entity
- Acting for a major New Zealand bank on numerous funding transactions to special purpose vehicle property syndications on acquisitions of landmark commercial properties around the country
- Advising a US-based private equity fund on domestic aspects of its funding arrangements in connection with the acquisition of Ticketek
- Acting for a major bank on its funding secured over fishing quotas and fishing boats
- Advising BT Mining in relation to secondary funding in relation to its coal mines
- Advising major banks in relation to the establishment of receivables finance facilities
- Advising the Auckland Trotting Club in relation to the development and construction of a mixed residential and commercial complex on land adjoining the Alexandra racecourse
- Advising various purchasers in relation to acquisition facilities.