Jackie specialises in litigation and has expertise in both commercial and construction litigation.
Her extensive experience in construction disputes includes:
- Acting on many defective building claims including claims involving weathertightness, passive fire and structural defects in the High Court and Weathertight Homes Tribunal
- Providing project support and advice to principals and contractors including advice on payment claims and schedules, variation claims, extensions of time and termination of contract
- Acting in litigation and project disputes about large-scale public projects
- Adjudication and arbitration
- Appearing at the Canterbury Earthquakes Royal Commission
- Providing advice on the Construction Contracts Act 2002 and Building Act 2004.
She also has experience in a range of other complex litigation including contractual, insurance, insolvency, property, and shareholder disputes.
Jackie has acted for a broad mix of clients including large corporations, central and local government, SMEs and individuals.
She is commercially minded and provides practical and strategic advice.