Mike is a Partner in Lane Neave’s dispute resolution and litigation team.
Mike has over 10 years’ experience appearing in Court and arbitrations on a variety of commercial disputes including property matters, shareholder disputes, agribusiness, defamation and insolvency matters. Mike also has specialist expertise in acting for clients involved in relationship property and trust and estate disputes in both the Family Court and High Court.
Outside of work Mike takes a keen interest in sport, business and governance and is a board member of a local SME and former board member of Touch Canterbury.
Recent Case Highlights
- Acting for a prominent Christchurch Property developer on a number of contentious matters including existing High Court proceedings.
- Acting for the CEO and Mayor of a local district council in separate, successful, defamation claims.
- Acting, alongside Greg Blanchard KC, in a successful claim for damages of $23,000,000 for misrepresentation against a vendor arising out of a business sale.
- Acting for a party in dual High Court proceedings (applicant for appointment of receiver) and Family Court proceedings (respondent to application for division of relationship property) with respect to a farming property and asset pool worth approximately $9,000,000.
- Acting for various shareholders and directors in High Court proceedings involving shareholder disputes, breach of contract claims, and breach of director duty claims.
- Acting for an exchange listed agribusiness company with respect to various debt recovery claims.
- Acting as junior counsel for the liquidators of Corbel Construction Limited and Rilean Construction (Central Otago) Limited on a number of contentious issues arising out of both liquidations including applications by the liquidators to be appointed receiver of the retentions held on trust by the company.