Mike is a senior associate in Lane Neave’s dispute resolution and litigation team.
Mike has over 10 years’ experience appearing in Court on a variety of commercial disputes including property matters, shareholder disputes, agribusiness, defamation and insolvency matters. Mike also has specialist expertise in acting for clients involved in relationship property and trust and estate disputes in both the Family Court and High Court.
Outside of work Mike takes a keen interest in sport, business and governance and is a board member of a local SME and former board member of Touch Canterbury.
Recent Case Highlights
- Acting for a prominent Christchurch Property developer on a number of contentious matters including existing High Court proceedings.
- Acting for the CEO and Mayor of a local district council in separate, successful, defamation claims.
- Acting as junior counsel for the liquidators of Corbel Construction Limited and Rilean Construction (Central Otago) Limited on a number of contentious issues arising out of both liquidations including applications by the liquidators to be appointed receiver of the retentions held on trust by each company.
- Acting as junior counsel for farm purchasers in their successful claim for a substantial damages award against the vendor for misrepresentation.
- Acting as junior counsel for business purchasers in their successful claim for damages against the vendor and negligence against their former solicitors.