Maria Green is a Special Counsel at Lane Neave’s Auckland office specialising in employment law. Maria is skilled in providing clients with advice on a wide range of employment matters, from disciplinary and performance issues to restructures.
Maria regularly represents employers at mediation and is also engaged by employers to conduct independent and external investigations. Maria is often praised by clients for her professionalism, responsiveness and solutions focused approach.
Maria is a knowledgeable and skilled solicitor, with 13+ years’ experience, including working for Clifford Chance in London. Maria enjoys building a strong rapport with clients and providing practical, sound and reliable advice.
Experience / Work Highlights
- Advising on all issues arising on termination of employment and matters relating to misconduct, performance, redundancy processes, medical incapacity and exit negotiations.
- Specialist advice on all aspects of the personal grievance regime, including representation from mediation, through the Employment Relations Authority.
- Providing expert advice on employment issues resulting from the Covid-19 lockdown and wage subsidy, including assisting the Board and Executives of large hotel providers throughout New Zealand.
- Acting as an independent external investigator into serious workplace allegations and complaints.
- Presenting educational seminars and webinars to lawyers and clients regarding employment law issues.
- Presenter at the Legalwise Biannual Education Law Conference in Auckland on 19 September 2019 regarding Workplace Investigations.
- Presenter at the Legalwise “Employment Agreements Intensive” Webinar on 14 November 2019.
- Presenter at the Legalwise “Critical Post Bubble Employment Law Changes” Webinar on 20 May 2020.
- Presenter at the Legalwise “Medical Incapacity / Bullying and Harassment” Webinar on 23 September 2020.