Lane Neave is pleased to announce it is a Toitū carbonreduce certified organisation.
In April 2022 the firm engaged with Toitū Envirocare to measure our carbon output by way of a Carbon Audit. The goal of the audit is to measure Lane Neave’s carbon footprint and create a strategy for future reductions.
We have now had two audits completed; January-December 2021 (baseline year) and January-December 2022.
The key findings related to the 2022 data were as follow:
- Our baseline greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions recording is 366.11 tCO2e, measured by Toitu in accordance with ISO 14064-1:2006.
- Our top three sources of GHG emissions were air travel, car use (petrol and diesel) and electricity.
- Our largest GHG emission source, air travel, makes up 50% of overall emissions.
We have set targets for reduction, which we will continue to assess and refine.
Read our Toitu carbonreduce certification summary here:
Certification Summary_22_Lane Neave Limited_CR_Org
What else are we doing?
We are taking steps to reduce our emissions in some of the following ways:
- Avoiding unnecessary business travel
- Reducing paper use through less printing and better digital document management
- Looking into an energy audit for more efficient energy use in office space
- Conducting an annual waste audit to understand what goes to landfill
- Conducting an annual survey of staff commuting habits to better understand how staff travel
- Implementing an education campaign around the ways in which we can all have an impact on emissions reduction