Farming is a unique industry which involves aspects of every part of the law. From the purchase and sale of land, to environmental compliance, to succession planning; Lane Neave’s strength and depth across the entire legal spectrum means we will assist you, your business and your family in every respect.
We have a team of lawyers who know agribusiness. We have not only worked on some of the industry’s largest transactions and disputes but many of our team come from a farming background and are aware of the realities clients face. We know one end of a cow from the other, that a long hot summer is often not a good thing and that your business is complicated, scientific, stressful and vital to the New Zealand economy.
We understand you need practical advice that allows you to focus on the business of farming. Our lawyers work as a team to ensure you have an experienced group of experts providing the legal advice you need.
We are skilled in all primary industry sectors including dairying, sheep, beef, horticulture, viticulture, fisheries and forestry, along with businesses focused on secondary processing. We can assist you with:
• Land transactions whether sales, purchases, leases, subdivisions, easements or covenants
• Advice and implementation of ownership structures including partnerships, companies, sole traders and joint ventures
• Employment advice and personal grievance resolution
• All aspects of contract law whether advising, drafting or enforcing
• Assisting you with funding arrangements and securities
• Resource management issues including water rights, consents and compliance
• Advising and representing you and your staff in immigration matters
• Resolving and representing you in any sort of dispute
• Overseas Investment Office approval
• Health and safety
• Dairy Company shares and supply contracts
• Succession planning and relationship property issues
Lane Neave, Agribusiness and Farming – lawyers, confidants and specialists, an integral part of your agribusiness and farming needs.